PRESS RELEASE: FARO Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: FARO), the global leader for 3D measurement, imaging and realization solutions for 3D Metrology, AEC and Public Safety Analytics, recently announced a distribution agreement with Synergy Group for the sales, hire and support of FARO products throughout Australia, New Zealand and PNG.
Focuss and Focuss+
Focus Laser Scanner Series – the perfect instruments for 3D reality capture for AEC, Public Safety-Forensics and Product Design Applications
Fill out your details to request more information
The Focuss Series
The Focuss Series consists of three laser scanners with different ranges: Focuss 350/350 Plus for long-range measurements up to 350m, Focuss 150/150 Plus for mid-range measurements up to 150m and Focuss 70, perfectly suitable for short-range measurements up to 70m.
Certified Quality, Tough and Accurate
With their sealed design, all S Laser Scanner models are certified via the industry standard Ingress Protection (IP) Rating, and classified in Class 54 for environmental protection. The devices are built to safeguard against intrusions such as dirt, dust, fog and rain as well as other outdoor elements which typically occur in challenging scanning conditions. An extended temperature range allows scanning in extreme environments, like deserts. In addition the laser scanners offer a future-proof interface to connect additional accessories to the scanner and provide a specific on-site compensation routine.
The Focuss series support the new function of re-scanning distant targets. Selected areas can now be re-scanned at a higher resolution for more accurate target detection. Re-scanning small areas of interest provides the highest possible detail while significantly reducing the data volume and the number of necessary scans.
Cloud Connectivity and Software
When the Focuss is connected to FARO SCENE on a mobile computer, the project scan data becomes automatically fully registered. This On-Site Registration makes the in-office registration obsolete and the project map generates an all encompassing overview from the site scanned.
For scan data processing users have unrestricted freedom of choice to leverage the software tools most beneficial to their own workflow. The point cloud data captured with FARO Laser Scanners can be used with various software packages including FARO SCENE, FARO As-Built, FARO-BuildIT Construction, FARO Zone 2D, FARO Zone 3D or 3rd party software such as Autodesk ReCap.
All scanner types offer the possibility to perform scanning even in bright sunlight. Remote scanning as well as almost limitless scan data sharing via SCENE Webshare Cloud make the laser scanning solution truly mobile.
FARO Focus Swift
We have a FARO to fit your Application
FOCUSs Scanner Series
Capturing the measurements of a large object or building with conventional documentation methods can take days or weeks, and even then the data might contain errors or missing details. But FARO Focus Laser Scanners create accurate, complete and photorealistic 3D images of any environment or object in just a few minutes. With their intuitive touch screen and compact design, these FARO Focus 3D scanners are as easy to operate as a digital camera — with built-in protection from dirt, dust, fog, rain and heat/cold.
FARO Freestyle 2
When analyzing the scene of a crime or crash or documenting a construction site, details make all the difference — and you have to gather them quickly, efficiently and accurately. That’s why specialty contractors, engineers, surveyors, architects, investigators, analysts, reconstructionists and prosecutors rely on the FARO Freestyle 2 Handheld Scanner for fast, photorealistic 3D reality capture. With its ultra-responsive, real-time display, on-site review has never been easier or more intuitive.
FAROArm Quantum Max
The all-new Quantum Max ScanArm and its three hot-swappable LLPs that meet any measurement need. With options to dramatically increase the scanning speed or resolution, the FARO® Quantum Max FaroArm gets the job done as quickly and precisely as possible. With maximum flexibility, extended arm reach and a redesigned end effector with dual kinematic LLP mounts, value and productivity is maximized by over 30%. Leaders in automotive, aerospace, machining, and assembly rely on the FaroArm.
FARO’s reality capture solutions enable general and specialty contractors to collaborate to deliver buildings and services according to defined specs and project schedule.
Minimize project timeline
Reduce project costs
Increase Project Quality
For scan data processing users have unrestricted freedom of choice to leverage the software tools most beneficial to their own workflow.
- Real time, on-site registration for Focuss scan data accelerates reality capture
- Moving Objects Filter enables unwanted people, vehicles or machinery captured in the scene during the scanning process to be automatically detected and removed
- Laser High Dynamic Range (Laser-HDRTM) support – create impressive HDR quality images in a substantially short amount of time
- FARO Laser High Dynamic Range (FARO Laser-HDRTM) support – create impressive HDR quality images in a substantially short amount of time
- Powerful 3D mesh engine allows for automatic modeling of free form shapes and enables textured meshes which can be exported as .obj and then imported as reality capture data into other applications
- Display, manage and evaluate 3D point cloud data independent of its source and size
- Transfer 3D point cloud data and self-defined macros directly into any CAD system
- Evaluate 3D data to closed surface models to be exported as standard CAD file formats
- Create video renderings and fly-through videos from imported and modelled data
- Verify accuracy of scan data to design models
- Detect incorrect placement or missing features such as walls, columns, beams, pipes, etc.
- Calculate tank deformation and volume to determine deviations during installations
- Perform important measurements accurately and quickly
- Inspect construction for adherence to building standards
- Verify shifts and movements within structural performance over time with 4D analysis
- Perform real-time monitoring of adjacent structures throughout the project lifecycle
FARO Zone 2D
- Bring in satellite maps at 1:1 scale and draw on top the map to create accurate diagrams
- Thousands of pre-drawn symbols for crime and crash scenes
- Save to .jpg, .png, and .tiff format for easy integration into reports
- Open 2D diagrams created with other FARO software, including CAD Zone and Blitz
FARO Zone 3D
- Use manual measurements, data from aerial maps, total stations, drones, and laser scanners
- Use any of the pre-drawn symbols, or import free 3D models from many online sources
- Analysis tools for vehicle momentum, crush, speed from skids, bullet trajectories, blood spatter, and more
- Open 2D and 3D diagrams created with other FARO software, including CAD Zone and ARAS
What our clients say
The Faro scanner has enabled us to bring the work site to our offices, reducing time spent onsite and eliminating the need for repeated site visits confirming missed details. The ability to share this information with clients in a virtual environment offers the ability to collaborate between various disciplines.
Although we have only had the FARO® Focus Laser Scanner for 4-5 months, our drawings have improved, our CAD man-hours have dropped, our rework has decreased and our number of trips to the site have dropped significantly.
With the FARO Focuss I no longer do the traditional crime scene sketch. The end product is impressive for the DA and jurors. We scanned a fatal fire in a house and I am convinced that the Grand Jury indicted because of the FARO presentation.
Focuss and Focuss+
LASER SCANNER FOR FAST AND EXACT INDOOR AND OUTDOOR MEASUREMENTS IN THREE DIMENSIONS: SIMPLY AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
FARO®‘s latest ultra-portable Focuss Laser Scanner series enable you to capture fast, straightforward and accurate measurements of complex objects and buildings.
Request a Demonstration Today.